Registration certificate and ID card

After the VBA grants your application for surveyor registration or your registration renewal, you will be issued a new building practitioner certificate and a new VBA ID card.

The ID card lists the type of work you are eligible to do. You should always carry your ID card when working.

Either of the ID cards shown below may be valid, depending on your date of registration. All cards issued after 1 September 2016 are VBA-branded ID cards. If you were registered before that date, you will have a Building Practitioners Board branded card until your next annual renewal date.

Look after your registration certificate and identification card, because there is a fee to replace them.

VBA ID card

VBA ID card