Display image

Find a practitioner

If you’re looking to engage a building practitioner or plumber in your local area, it is important to ensure they are appropriately registered or licensed for the work to be undertaken.

There are also specific registration requirements for domestic building work. Please refer to engaging a builder for more information on the registration needs for domestic building work.

The links below will allow you to search for registered building practitioners or plumbers.

If you’re looking to engage a builder to carry out domestic building work over $10k, it’s important to make sure they are appropriately registered. Please refer to information about engaging a builder and domestic building contracts.

For plumbing work, refer to information about engaging a plumber.

Find a Building Practitioner

Find a Plumber

Find out if a building practitioner or plumbing practitioner is working in Victoria under the Automatic Mutual Recognition (AMR) scheme by using the AMR Register.

AMR Register (DOCX, 183.2 KB)

You can also check whether a building industry professional, building company or plumber has had any disciplinary action taken against them.

Disciplinary Register