Surrender your registration

A building surveyor (individual person or company) may decide to surrender their registration for a range of reasons, including retirement, ill health or change in profession.

If you are surrendering your building surveyor registration and have work you have not completed, you will need to transfer the work to another building surveyor. Find out more at Transfer of function.

Save and complete the form on your computer (do not handwrite; it will take longer to process). Return the completed form to the VBA.

By mail:

Victorian Building Authority
GPO Box 536
Melbourne VIC 3001

In person:

Victorian Building Authority
Goods Shed North
733 Bourke Street
Docklands 3008