The VBA Research Program is directed at developing a strong evidence base and improving the functioning of the building and plumbing regulatory system. Research and evaluation projects will aim to identify and explore key regulatory problems, issues and potential solutions.
Findings and outcomes of the program will enable the VBA to:
- better understand key regulatory problems, including risks, harms, causes and unintended consequences
- target areas of greatest concern and opportunities for regulatory improvement to minimise harms
- evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of existing regulatory interventions
- inform future policy direction and recommend feasible solutions
- adopt earlier, more targeted interventions with an increased chance of success and ROI.
- Research findings on slab heave 2014 (PDF, 356.19 KB)
- Building Surveyor Perspectives Research Report (PDF, 810.5 KB)
- Building Surveyor Perspectives Research – Appendix and Questionnaire (PDF, 298.44 KB)
- Stakeholder Confidence and Satisfaction Survey 2016 (PDF, 258.88 KB)
- Stakeholder Satisfaction Survey 2017 (PDF, 794.59 KB)
- Non-compliance in roofing (stormwater) work (PDF, 224.53 KB)