VBA Actions for the week ending 1 November 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
- Two Notices of Decision were issued.
Permit Levy Audit
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
- One matter was finalised by judgment: Barnes, Gabriel – AAT 2018/0825.
Building Appeals Board matters
- One matter was finalised after orders received: 1031 Atlantic Drive, Pakenham – BAB 451818.
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- One matter was withdrawn after orders received: Fenton, Lachlan – VCAT Z873/2019.
- 198 inspections across 30 municipalities.
- Audits: 227
- Re-audits: 25
- Inspections: 49
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 11 inspections were completed – three within the City of Melbourne and eight in other municipalities.
- Six expert panels were conducted. From these, one building was rated extreme risk, three were rated high risk and two were rated moderate.
- Four inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 4 November 2019.