VBA Actions for the week ending 13 December 2019
Investigations – Building
- Prosecutions initiated: 1
- Show cause notices issued: 4
- Notices of Decision issued: 2
- A matter involving a building company and its sole director was proven and dismissed with $998 in costs awarded to the VBA.
- Audits completed: 2
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
Matters finalised by orders:
- Merhi v VBA – VCAT ref. Z932/2018
- McGrath v VBA – VCAT ref. Z71/2019
- 256 inspections across 25 municipalities.
- Building Orders – Minor Work issued: 2
- Audits: 139
- Re-audits: 21
- Inspections: 18
- Re-inspections: 1
Statewide Cladding Audit
- Three inspections were completed across three municipalities.
- Seven expert panels were conducted. From these, one building was rated extreme risk, three were rated high and three were rated moderate.
- 13 inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 16 December 2019.