AS/NZS 3500.2:2015 amended for a second time
Amendment 2 to AS/NZS 3500.2:2015 Plumbing and Drainage – Part 2: Sanitary plumbing and drainage
AS/NZS 3500.2:2015 was recently amended, with the amendment published on 24 November 2017. This is the second amendment to AS/NZS 3500.2 for 2017.
- introduces deemed to satisfy design, installation and component requirements for above ground sanitary plumbing that is to be connected to vacuum drainage systems; and
- provides for the safe removal of wastewater from fixtures to the discharge point connecting to the sanitary drainage system.
Specifically, the amendment:
- introduces specific requirements for the materials and products that are required to be used in vacuum drainage systems
- ensures that all materials and products used in vacuum drainage systems are fit for their intended purpose
- introduces a new section (Section 16 Vacuum Drainage Design and installation)
Plumbing practitioners must comply with this amendment when carrying out their plumbing work.
The amendment is available free of charge from the SAI Global website.