VBA Actions for the week ending 20 March 2020
Investigations – Building
- Prosecutions initiated: 1
Investigations – Plumbing
- Educational letters issued: 1
- Show cause notices issued: 14
- Notices of Decision issued: 1
- Letters sent before immediate suspension for registration/licensing matters: 1
- Immediate suspensions for registration/licensing matters: 14
- A man pleaded guilty in the Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court to four charges relating to illegal plumbing work, including signing documents that were passed off as compliance certificates but were not issued by the VBA. The man was fined $25,000.
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
Two matters were finalised by Orders:
- Mafilovski, Jamie v VBA – AAT 2017/4213
- Serpentino, Pietro v VBA – AAT 2017/0827
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- Kerr, Matthew v VBA VCAT Z542/2019 – matter finalised by Orders.
- 314 inspections across 35 municipalities.
- Building Orders for Minor Work issued: 1
- Audits: 179
- Re-audits: 33
- Inspections: 41
- Re-inspections: 4
Statewide Cladding Audit
- Six expert panels were conducted last week. From these, three buildings were rated higher risk, two were moderate and one was low.