VBA Actions for the week ending 9 October 2020
- Warning letters issued: 2
- Prosecutions initiated from referrals: 2
- Warning letters issued: 1
Complaints and Statutory Referrals
One warning letter was issued for each of the following:
- failing to pass on Protection Work Insurance for a 12-month extension
- installing altered glazing, which did not meet approved plans for which a planning or building permit was issued, or the terms of contract
- failing to provide a current defects report within six months of sale
- failing to call for a mandatory inspection
- failing to call from a mandatory inspection.
A sixth warning letter was issued to a practitioner for failing to provide an engineering report or Certificate of Compliance to a relevant building surveyor after drainage penetrations under a concrete slab had to be moved. The surveyor had previously made repeated requests for evidence of compliance.
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- The Tribunal handed down an interim decision in the matter of Valentine v Victorian Building Authority (VCAT 1104).
- Show Cause Notices issued: 3
- Notices of Decision issued: 2
- 147 inspections across 23 municipalities
- Building Orders for Minor Work issued: 1
- Audits: 151
- Re-audits: 13
- Inspections: 7