Builder renewals and other requirements
This section contains essential information for registered building practitioners. It includes information on your ongoing responsibilities to continue carrying out building work, such as:
- requirements for your annual fee and insurance check
- how to renew your registration every five years
- how to update your contact details
- how to surrender your registration
- insurance requirements
- how to apply for a building modification.
If you are already registered as a builder in another state or territory or New Zealand and would like to become registered in Victoria, see Mutual recognition for builders.
For information on regulations affecting the building industry, visit the Building regulatory framework section of the website.
For useful resources, visit the Practice notes and resources section.